Dear CBMS conference participants:
We are all looking forward to seeing you at our conference soon. Some basic information is listed below:
1) Most of you will be staying in the Kalpana Chawla (KC) Hall on campus, very close to the Mathematics Department. Those of you who stay at the KC Hall should directly go there and check in. The address for the KC Hall is:
901 S Oak St., Arlington, Texas 76010
The map link for the KC Hall is available at http://www.uta.edu/maps/?id=296
Ms. Cindy Rash and/or Ms. Honghui Zhang will be at the KC Hall during the hours of 9:00 am-4:00 pm on Monday, May 26 and will help you check in. The best times to check in the KC Hall will be during the period of 10:00 am-4:00 pm. During the additional hours of 4:00-6:00 pm either Ms. Cindy Rash or Ms. Honghui Zhang plan to be at the KC Hall to help for check in for those arriving during 4:00 pm-6:00 pm. Those who will be arriving later than 6:00 pm on Monday to check in the KC Hall: please communicate with Ms. Cindy Rash in advance before your arrival so that Ms. Rash can make the arrangement for you to get in your rooms in the KC Hall if you arrive late. For emergencies, Ms. Cindy Rash can be reached at her cell phone number 817-988-3198. Those staying at the KC Hall and have a vehicle to park, Ms.Rash will provide you with a parking decal when you check in. Please consult http://fermat.uta.edu/cbms2014/ for parking information.
2) A few of you are staying at the Arlington Hilton and you should directly go to the Hilton and check in the Hilton hotel. Those of you who are staying at the Hilton and have a vehicle to park: you can get a parking decal from Ms. Cindy Rash in the morning of Tuesday, May 27 in Pickard Hall room 305 (PK 305) or in PK 302. Please consult http://fermat.uta.edu/cbms2014/ for parking information.
3) A few of you will be commuting daily and will not be staying overnight. Those commuters can get a parking decal from Ms. Cindy Rash in the morning of Tuesday, May 27 in PK 305 (or PK 302). Please consult http://fermat.uta.edu/cbms2014/ for parking information.
4) The conference will be in PK 305 (room 305 Pickard Hall). Please consult http://fermat.uta.edu/cbms2014/ for the location of PK 305. Please arrive around 8:45 am every day starting Tuesday, May 27. Please consult http://fermat.uta.edu/cbms2014/schedule.html for the conference schedule.
5) Starting Tuesday, May 27, we will all eat together starting with the breakfast on that day. Since everyone is arriving at different times on Monday, May 26, you will be on your own (unless you have already made some arrangements with other colleagues). Those who are staying at the KC Hall, there are some inexpensive eating places in the area at a walking distance. For example:
Beirut Rock Cafe http://www.yellowbot.com/beirut-rock-cafe-arlington-tx.html (Lebanese food)
Dong Wang Chinese Food Express http://www.donwangarlington.com/ (The portions at Dong Wang are big; consider ordering one dish for two people)
Those who are staying at the Arlington Hilton, there are also some eating places at a walking distance and you can consult the Hilton staff regarding eating places in the Hilton area.
6) Concerning the rides from the DFW airport: those who are staying at the KC Hall and who have informed Mr. Ivan Ojeda-Ruiz about their flight information, someone will meet you when you arrive at the DFW airport. I am suggesting that you simply go to the luggage pick up area for your arriving flight and you will be met with the person who will be driving to the KC Hall. Ivan and his team will contact you in advance for further arrangements if needed. For emergencies, you may call Ms. Cindy Rash at her cell phone number 817-988-3198, or directly contact Ivan, or e-mail Prof. Aktosun at email@example.com
7) Those who are staying at the Hilton and who have informed Ivan regarding a pick up from the DFW airport, someone will meet you when you arrive at the DFW airport. I am suggesting that you simply go to the luggage pick up area for your arriving flight and you will be met with the person who will be driving to the Hilton. Please also note that the Arlington Hilton has a courtesy shuttle from/to the DFW airport, but you need to call them to make the arrangement to use their courtesy van.
8) In the beginning of the conference on Tuesday, May 27, I am requesting that each individual please check with Ms. Cindy Rash whether we need anything further from you or vice versa.
9) A few of you have inquired whether it would be possible to arrange a room for poster presentations by participants. This would help the participants to know about each other's research area and provide an opportunity to discuss research with each other. Also, a few applicants have indicated that they can secure permission to be away from their institution and/or may request any funds from their institution only if they present research instead of just merely attend as a participant.
To meet such needs, we have arranged PKH 302 (room 302 in Pickard Hall, close to the conference room PKH 305). Anyone who wishes to have a poster presentation has the opportunity to post a poster on the walls of PKH 302 starting in the afternoon of May 27 until noon of May 31. We will provide help with the posting starting in the afternoon of May 27 .
10) The following information is also available at the url: http://fermat.uta.edu/cbms2014/lectures.html
The two basic references for Prof. Colton's lectures are the following:
D. Colton and R. Kress, Inverse acoustic and electromagnetic scattering theory, 3rd edition, Springer Series in Applied Mathematical Sciences, Vol. 93, Springer, New York, 2013.
F. Cakoni and D. Colton, A qualitative approach to inverse scattering theory, Springer Series in Applied Mathematical Sciences, Volume 188, Springer, New York, 2014.
The prerequisite for these CMBS lectures is a familiarity with the elementary theory of functional analysis and Sobolev spaces, for example, Chapter 1 of the book by Cakoni and Colton (26 pages) listed above. It is recommended that the participants read that chapter (or its equivalent) before attending the conference.